Merging 64 bit changes to -HEAD - part 3

Jayachandran C. c.jayachandran at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 22:04:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Jayachandran C.
<c.jayachandran at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Jayachandran C.
> <c.jayachandran at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have volunteered to merge Juli's 64-bit work into HEAD,  and
>> hopefully get it to work on XLR too. The tree
>> (http://svn.freebsd.org/base/user/jmallett/octeon) has quite a bit of
>> changes, so I would like to do this over multiple changesets and
>> without breaking the current o32 code.
>
> And here's the third batch for the merge, two patches here:
>
> n64-n32-compile.patch:
> Main changes are:
> - Support for n64 and n32 kernel compilation
> - casts between registers and ptr/int updated to work on 64bit
> - 64-bit address space defines
> - syscall, exception and trap support for n32/n64
>
> I have made some minor changes from the Juli's version to reduce the
> number of #ifdefs, but mostly the code is equivalent.
>
> n32-kernel.patch:
> - Support to build n32 kernel for XLR, sample conf file and ldscript
>
> With these two patches the kernel comes up in n32 single user mode.
> Please let me know your comments.
>
> The next set should cover the full n64 support.

Here's two more patches of the same set:
n64-n32-compile-2.patch:
- changes to mips/include/asm.h I had missed in earlier set, needed
for userspace compile.

n64-32-fixes.patch
- Three small fixes to the issues I had seen in the n64/n32 changes so far

With this n32 userspace and kernel does a full multi-user SMP boot on
XLR. Will do few more tests to see if there are any obvious problems.

JC