Merging 64 bit changes to -HEAD - part 3

Jayachandran C. c.jayachandran at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 16:48:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Jayachandran C.
<c.jayachandran at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have volunteered to merge Juli's 64-bit work into HEAD,  and
> hopefully get it to work on XLR too. The tree
> (http://svn.freebsd.org/base/user/jmallett/octeon) has quite a bit of
> changes, so I would like to do this over multiple changesets and
> without breaking the current o32 code.

And here's the third batch for the merge, two patches here:

n64-n32-compile.patch:
Main changes are:
- Support for n64 and n32 kernel compilation
- casts between registers and ptr/int updated to work on 64bit
- 64-bit address space defines
- syscall, exception and trap support for n32/n64

I have made some minor changes from the Juli's version to reduce the
number of #ifdefs, but mostly the code is equivalent.

n32-kernel.patch:
- Support to build n32 kernel for XLR, sample conf file and ldscript

With these two patches the kernel comes up in n32 single user mode.
Please let me know your comments.

The next set should cover the full n64 support.

Thanks,
JC.