build world breaks for n64 ABI

waynegong L waynegong83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:09:37 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Today I tried to build the toolchain/kernel for n64ABI with the toolchain
patch submitted by julie on revision 208685
The tool chain and the kernel build were successful, but 'make buildworld'
failed as below.

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/usr/src/lib/libc/quad/fixunsdfdi.c: In function '__fixundfdi':
/usr/src/lib/libc/quad/fixunsdfdi.c:72: warning: left shift count >= width
of type
/usr/src/lib/libc/quad/fixunsdfdi.c:72: warning: left shift count >= width
of type

A cursory look at the above file got me to the below line. Is this the
reason for the above issue or some thing else?
#define ONE_FOURTH (1 << (LONG_BITS -2))

Before doing the above, i had set my environment as below.
setenv TARGET mips
setenv TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN t
setenv TARGET_CPUTYPE mips64
setenv TARGET_ABI n64

and then built the tool chain and kernel with OCTEON1 config file.

Thanks,
Wayne.