Project BSDVISION Wants To Develop Native *BSD Console Desktop

Kamal R. Prasad kamalpr at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 06:58:58 GMT 2005

> And here I thought you were talking about a desktop
> for us vt220 fans.
> There is already screen or emacs on that front.

A GUI has more than what emacs provides.

> What about twin
> for example?

close to what they are doing.

> What exactly is meant by a "console" desktop anyway
> other than
> something similar to early Windows that runs w/o
> X11?

It presumes the resources are present on the same
machine rather than across the network as envisaged by
the athena project.

> Can you also make a Unicode console for *BSD please?
> ;)
If they get to developing their own fonts -they might.

regards
-kamal

Kamal R. Prasad
UNIX systems consultant
http://www.kamalprasad.com/
kamalp at acm.org

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.