Hmm... why?

timh at tjhawkins.com timh at tjhawkins.com
Sun May 23 23:47:04 PDT 2004

why does freebsd need a new installer? Why not allow the current installer "sysinstall" to just become user friendly..edit it and add new things to it... possilby even adding a graphical interface that works with it. It's all possible and correct me if I'm wrong--wouldn't it be less work? If sysinstall was just more userfriendly it would work very well.

As for porting a  Linux installer to FreeBSD... I do not recommend it. there will be alot of conflict about the GPL vs. BSD licenses and we all know what kind of war that starts. I personally think freebsd should have its own installer under its own license.

thanks,
tim hawkins.