YAPIB (was: Drawing graphics on terminal)

M. L. Dodson bdodson at scms.utmb.EDU
Fri Jun 20 07:05:04 PDT 2003

[-hackers trimmed.]

Paul Robinson writes:
 > On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 02:26:13PM -0400, The Anarcat wrote:
 >
 > > It's right now to the point I wouldn't consider writing more code for
 > > libh, but I'd reuse the ideas in a smaller, plugin-based, swig-foobar
 > > rewrite.
 >
 > I went back and re-read the notes on the website about libh's design
 > yesterday, first time in a while. It has some good ideas. Definitely lots to
 > pick up on.
 >
 > > So yes, libh is kinda bad, for me at least. And it involves a lot of
 > > C++ magic I don't really like.
 >
 > *shudders*. I was sorting out my flat last night getting ready to move, and
 > I found my old undergrad copy of the second edition K&R book. I hugged it.
 > C++ is for girls. :-)

Sorry to unlurk and run, but I think a perusal of the history of
the libh project will show that the main gui toolkit candidates,
qt and tvision, were written in C++.  I don't think it was any
thing more complicated than that.  Jordan can clarify if he
wishes, but I've been lurking as a kind of libh "groupie" for a
long time, and I can't remember any posting that said "We're
going to do this in C++".

Bud Dodson,
who would like to see this project resurrected, but hopes it is
not written in C++ with tcl as the scripting language, and who is
not enough of a programmer to contribute directly.

M. L. Dodson                                bdodson at scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790