OT: support for multicore javac?

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 03:34:59 UTC 2020

I have a rather large code base that takes several minutes to compile even
when doing javac `find src -name '*.java'`.  SInce I do not use ant or any
other Java based build system (I use devel/cook for many reasons most of
which fit the project much better then ant or the Java only build
systems).   I was reading about a program called sjavac (smart-javac) as a
possible way to make javac splatter the compile across multiple cores.   It
does not seem to be anywhere in the ports collection (independent or in
connection to another port).    Any suggestions on how to get/install it
and/or other ways of making javac use multiple cores?