OpenJDK6 port direction

Brian Gardner brian at experts-exchange.com
Fri Feb 6 13:48:17 PST 2009

I'm trying to create the OpenJDK6 port, and I've got a question for the
team:

Should we use suns source from
http://download.java.net/openjdk/jdk6/promoted/b14/openjdk-6-src-b14-25_nov_2008.tar.gz,
or should I bundle the current state of jdk6/jdk6 into an package that
we host, and use that as a base for the ports.

Would there be a licensing issue?

The second option is easier for me, however the first seems like the
more proper way to create the port. Looking at mercurial comments it
doesn't appear like there are any additional changes since b14, so I was
expecting things to be identical or close to identical, but they are
not.  Maybe somebody could elaborate on why and how jdk6/jdk6 from
mercurial differs from openjdk-6-src-b14-25_nov_2008.tar.gz from sun.

Thanks,
Brian