trouble getting and installing FreeBSD-Java (2)

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Aug 13 22:45:21 PDT 2007

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:34:55 -0400
Steve Strassmann <steve at strassmann.com> wrote:

>    pair.com> pkg_add -r xorg-libraries-7.2_2
>    Error: FTP Unable to get
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/Latest/xorg-libraries-7.2_2.tgz:
> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>    pkg_add: unable to fetch
> 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/Latest/xorg-libraries-7.2_2.tgz'
> by URL

Hi Steve,
this is in reply to this email and a later one where u ask why it doesn't work.

In short, xorg 7.2 only came out a few months ago - non existing in 4.8. Packages are,AFAIK, only created and uploaded to ftp*.*.freebsd.org for mantained versions of the OS - 4.8 is way out of date.

I wonder why Pair wont give you root access if this is a 'virtual server' == jail .

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Nature doesn't care how smart you are. You can still be wrong."
  Richard Feynman