[RFC] ia64/sparc64 jdk 1.5.0 ports?

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Wed Jan 19 10:42:28 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 04:26:01PM +0200, Alexey Zelkin wrote:
> Gentelmen,
>
> I'd like to listen about people opinion -- DO WE NEED ia64 and/or sparc64
> PORT OF JDK15 ?  Please take it as little survey, and post your thoughts
> privately or to mailing list.

ia64 - no. I personally suspect that the chip is going the way of the
dinosaur.

sparc64 - *YES*. I know that one could opt to run Solaris and Sun's
JDK on it, but having a FreeBSD port would be really good to have on a
FreeBSD Tier-1 architecture.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>                    Once is dumb luck.