does anyone use these any more?

Milan Obuch freebsd-jail at dino.sk
Thu Sep 13 13:26:58 UTC 2018


On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:11:08 -0400
"Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Context: I'm writing a book on jails on FreeBSD.
> 
> There's a few options that I can't figure out why anyone would use
> them. Does anyone use any of these any more, or are they leftovers
> from the primordial jail era?
> 
> If you do use any of these on FreeBSD 11+, would you mind saying why
> and how?
> 
> allow.dying - it's not dying very long, why make changes?

> persist - why keep it around?

I think this is usefull for vnet jails, aka VIMAGE.

Milan

> exec.jail_user, exec.system_user -lots of permissions problems
> 
> exec.system_jail_user - use a system uid inside the jail, why?
> 
> Thanks,
> ==ml
> 



More information about the freebsd-jail mailing list