Can't SSH into my jails after a makeworld

Redd Vinylene reddvinylene at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 01:01:06 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Mikhail Goriachev
<mikhailg at webanoide.org> wrote:

> Whenever you execute this:
>
> # csup /etc/cvsupfile
>
> The multi-ip patch goes away. You have to reapply the patch after you sync
> the sources.

My bad, I forgot to mention that I commented that.

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Bjoern A. Zeeb
<bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> what does
>        sysctl security.jail.jailed_sockets_first
> give?

security.jail.jailed_sockets_first: 1

> If you jexec into  jail, does sshd actually run? Did it give an
> error/warning? What does netstat -an show? (in case this is long do
> not psate it into mail and/or make sure there are no extra line wraps).

I actually got it working. But sometimes, after reboots, none of them
will start. Is there anything I can do to debug?

Might this be because I forgot to stop the jails prior to the makeworld?

-

Also, these stopped working:

jail_camel_devfs_ruleset="camel_ruleset"
jail_box_devfs_ruleset="box_ruleset"

Producing:

Starting jails:/etc/rc.d/jail: WARNING: devfs_set_ruleset: you must
specify a ruleset number
devfs rule: ioctl DEVFSIO_SAPPLY: No such process

So I had to switch over to:

jail_camel_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_jail"
jail_box_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_jail"

-

Another strange thing, this just freezes up:

# /etc/rc.d/jail start
Configuring jails:.
Starting jails:

I can't terminate it either: