-u option for jail

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Fri Jun 8 08:51:19 UTC 2007

 Le 08/06/2007 à 10:08:40+0200, Alain Wolf a écrit
> Albert Shih wrote, On 06/04/2007 02:51 PM:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Maybe my question is stupid, but is there any possibility to use
> >
> > 	-u user (user != root)
> >
> > in the /etc/rc.conf for launch a jail with a specific user ? For example,
> > can we have for any jail a different user ?
> >
> > Regards.
> >

> Hi Al
> Maybe my answer is stupid, but since the idea of a jail should mostly
> look like an independent system, there is a root user and any user you
> wish *inside* the jail.
>
> If you would like to have users on the hosting system with the ability
> to start and stop their own jails from outisde their jails, I would look
> into something like sudo or a web-cgi with a strong authentication and
> authorization (maybe webmin does that?).

Well It's not my idea....

My idea is : if (maybe very big «if») jail a security breach and the guest
system is comprimise maybe if the jail run with another uid this can make
the hosting system more secure.

I don't known if you understand me, my english is very poor..

Regards.
--
Albert SHIH
Observatoire de Paris Meudon