Server Hardware Recommendations

Arie Kachler akachler at telcom.net
Tue Jul 18 01:50:56 UTC 2006

We've been in business since 1996 and can only praise Dell servers. They
used to be more expensive, but they are now very competitive in pricing.
Our first server was a Dell, and it's still going! (only monitoring though).
We have about 200+ servers and have had only one troublesome server,
which Dell replaced after two attempts to fix the problem without
success. Out of those 200+ servers, we've had 3 Compaqs which were
bought because of timing issues (Dell takes about a week to deliver a
server), and all 3 Compaq servers have failed!
I can't say I have experience with other brands, but I do know that Dell
servers are very reliable.
No, I don't work for Dell.

Hope my 2 cents help.