Server Hardware Recommendations

Matt Ruzicka matt at frii.com
Mon Jul 17 19:52:28 UTC 2006

I know this is a topic that could easily spawn a holy war, but hopefully we
can all keep the constructive to a maximum. ;)

My company has been purchasing almost exclusively Supermicro SuperServers
for our production FreeBSD server hardware for that last four years or so.
Over all I'd say we've been quite happy with Supermicro from a product
stand point, but recently we've been dealing with some odd hardware
issues.  I still have faith in their hardware, but some concerns with
their support structure is causing us to reconsider our future hardware
purchasing plans.

I was wondering what others are using for production FreeBSD server
hardware.  I'm most interested to see what manufacturers seem to be rock
solid from a hardware and FreeBSD interaction perspective and also have
solid support for those issues that come up from time to time.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to people's feedback.

Matt Ruzicka - Senior Systems Administrator
Front Range Internet, Inc.
matt at frii.net - (970) 212-0728