Related to: http://ryxi.com/freebsd/68-149-courier-imap-not-starting-read.shtml

Eric De La Cruz Lugo eric_delacruz at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 16:45:57 UTC 2006

Hi all:

I have problems right now with a Postfix+ Postfixadmin
+ Mysql +
Courier-IMAP+Courier-auth+squirrelmail+apache2+FreeBSD
6.0

After 3 days i mannaged to have working the
postfixadmin under apache2, I can create accounts,
domains, etc, the Dir structure I got is the
following:

/home/postfix/sipse.com.mx/.Sent
                          /edelacruz/cur
                                    /new
                                    /tmp

I have Mysql 4.1.13 (installed from ports)
I have postfix (installed from ports)
I have courier-imap (installed from ports)
I have squirrelmail (installed from ports)

Postfix delivers the mails I send with Kmail, but when
i want to check mails trough the pop3, i have errors
saying:

can't chdir Maildir

With squirrel mail I got the following error:

Connection dropped by imap-server

I have followed the instructions here:

http://www.bsd.org.pe/documentos/07110434139.html

In order to make some test I have to change the
MAILDIRPATH=Maildir variable inside the
/usr/local/etc/courier-imap/imapd  and
/usr/local/etc/courier-pop3/pop3d files

to the following value:

MAILDIRPATH=sipse.com.mx/edelacruz/

with this change I can send and receive mail but only
with the user edelacruz, I have another users also and
if I change the MALDIRPATH=sipse.com.mx/account I can
send and receive mail only in that account.

where is the problem?, this is my firts mail server
installation, so any hints or urls will be greatly
appreciated.

In MySQL 4.1.13 I have the postfixadmin tables and the
mailbox table contains a maildir field with the proper
value, but it seems that courier-imap is not taking
that value when trying to connect to the 110 and 143
ports.

Do you have any suggestion on this?.

Thanks in advance.

Eric De La Cruz Lugo