Mysql5/PHP5 installed from ports on FBSD 6

Derrick T. Woolworth dwoolworth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 07:52:42 UTC 2006

Try stopping everything - MySQL and Apache and then do

ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/mysql

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh start
apachectl start or apachectl -DSSL start or /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache*.sh
start

See if that changes anything...

On 4/6/06, Keith Woodworth <kwoody at citytel.net> wrote:

> Playing around with a new machine, installed FBSD 6 and decided to try the
> latest PHP5 and MySQL5 in the ports tree. Normally using PHP4 something
> under apache 1.3.29 for ages now.
>
> Did a portsnap to get the latest port tree.
>
> Built from ports: apache 2.0.55, then mysql 5.0.19 and started it then
> built php 5.1.2 and installed the php5 extensions for mysql.
>
> Everything starts up ok, hit the server and do a phpinfo() ok things look
> like they went ok, scroll down and see for the mysql settings:
>
> Active Persistent Links         0
> Active Links    0
> Client API version      5.0.19
> MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE       no value
> MYSQL_SOCKET    /tmp/mysql.sock
> MYSQL_INCLUDE   no value
> MYSQL_LIBS      no value
>
> oh thats not good, seeing the INCLUDE and LIBS with 'no value'. So copy
> over a small test db and some php scripts to the new server, all I get
> output is 'error' when doing a sql query via php...nothing in
> httpd-error.log like my other php4/apache1.3 machine either, so I dont
> know how its failing.
>
> Did I miss a --with-mysql somewhere while doing php?
>
> Anyone have an idea here of what to try next?
>
> Thanks.

Derrick T. Woolworth, President
ServeTheWeb, LLC.  http://www.ServeTheWeb.com