DansGuardian

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Tue Mar 29 08:13:57 PST 2005

On March 29, 2005 06:40 am, Kris McElroy wrote:
> Is anyone on this list using DansGuardian?  If so what are your
> thoughts, is there something better to use or anything I should know
> about before deploying it?  We are in the process of buying another
> company and they have these boxes deployed in schools and we will be
> taking them over.

We've been running it for over 3 years now with great success.  The
teachers and administrators love it.  The students hate it.  :)  What more
could you want?  :)

It's a great web content filter, it's under active development, it's easy
to understand and administer.  It has an easy-to-understand log format.
And it's almost bulletproof.

Plus, there's an actively maintained port in the ports tree.  ;)

--
Freddie Cash, CLCP CNCP            Network Support / Helpdesk
School District 73                 (250) 377-4357
fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca