ISP Software

Sam Nilsson lists at servingpeace.com
Fri Mar 25 15:51:58 PST 2005

joe wrote:
> Thank you Chuck and Gary for the replies.
>
> May I ask you both how you give your clients services e.g. email, website etc. and how you allow access to their accounts to configure say email or their websites: e.g. ssh, webmin etc.?

I know you didn't ask me, but I thought I'd answer anyway ;-). Hope you
don't mind...

I built a control system using php a year and a half ago. This includes
a minimal billing system as well ask account/settings management. I am
going to (soon) rebuild the system with better design, more and better
features etc. using a python application server called webware
http://www.w4py.org/. In both cases (current system and future one)
all hosting and account related data is stored in mysql, although ssh
accounts may also go in /etc/passwd I haven't decided on that yet.

In essence, my control panel is very similar in functionality to CPanel,
though I didn't know it until recently when I actually looked at a
CPanel demo site.

Interested to hear others' replies to this question.

- Sam Nilsson