dspam data sizes

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Fri Mar 18 00:25:46 PST 2005

After seeing the recommendations here I am testing dspam.  I currently
have 2 users testing it.  They are at both extreme ends of mail
demands.  My account gets about 1000 emails a day of which about 25-30%
are spam.  The other account gets about 100 emails a day of which about
90% are spam.  So far, dspam is quarantining about 1/3rd of the spam I
receive.  Is basically the same as Apple's mail filtering.  My mail is
being sent to both.  However, the storage of the data used by dspam is
a bit overwhealming.  The storage is at 250 MB for me and 20 MB for the
other account.  I have cut way down the purge retention intervals which
appears to help somewhat but not enough.  I have thousands of users and
at 250 MB per user (it would probably be a bit below that)  its just
not practical.  How do other users of dspam deal with this issue?  Is
there some setting I have wrong (or at least not set most efficently)?