Using Backup Exec to backup FreeBSD

Bill Vermillion bv at wjv.com
Thu Mar 3 21:30:52 GMT 2005

On or about Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 20:08 , while attempting a
Zarathustra emulation ?lafur Helgi Haraldsson thus spake:

> Hi,

> Does anyone have any experience of backing up FreeBSD 5.x with
> BackupExec 9 ? What is the best way to do this because the
> agents ain't working so good on FreeBSD.

I've never trusted backup solutions that originated in the MS
world.

I've had clients run Lone-Tar on FreeBSD, Linux and SCO systems.

Complete backup, bit-level verify comparison of tape and
hd, and email notifications of success or failure.

I try not to be prejudiced, but to be fair I'm also a dealer for
that product.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com