Tape Backup under 4.8 ?

W.D. McKinney dee at akwireless.net
Mon Sep 15 15:24:32 PDT 2003

Greetings,

We are still migrating applications and data from our Linux SMP servers
to our Compaq servers. Our MTA server has a tape drive and Raid5.

The tape drive shows up as

sa0 at sym0 bus 0 target 5 lun 0
sa0: <COMPAQ SDT-10000 1.05> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-2 device
sa0: 40.000MB/s transfers (20.000MHz, offset 15, 16bit)

I'd like to use this drive for an etra backup of data. Being happily
migrating to FreeBSD, what's the software others use  here in the
business ?

I used to use Bru but have not had useful drives in awhile and this one
the FreeBSD box seems like a good candidate, hence the question at hand.

Thanks,
Dee
--
W.D.McKinney (Dee)