Support for HFC ISDN cards

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Fri Jun 3 10:46:06 PDT 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 15:08, Jochen Keil wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'd like to ask if you are planning to support HFC ISDN cards with the
> "Colognechip" (http://www.colognechip.com/).

There is a FreeBSD driver for the following chips:
HFC-2BDS0 ISA/PnP/PCI/USB ISDN

At:
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/

There are currently no plans to port this driver over to NetBSD, hence I
mostly use FreeBSD. The driver supports NT-mode in hardware and software
(DSS1). So you can connect any ISDN-phone to your computer using a crossover
cable.

How much does an VoIP to ISDN bridge cost? You are thinking about plugging
your old ISDN-phone into an adapter to get a VoIP adapter, right? And not the
other way around.

--HPS