NEVERMIND! (was: How can I find the bandwidth hogs?)

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Apr 20 22:18:49 UTC 2016

Some hours after I posted my question, it dawned on me (duh!) that what
I was asking for was some tool to perform what is most probably called
"traffic analysis".  so I just googled for "FreeBSSD traffic analysis"
and of course, that got me boat loads of information about several
different tools, all available on FreeBSD, that will do something
along the lines of what I want to do.

So I'm good.  Please disregard my prior question here.

In message <CAOc73CCMyLkhZb=i+U1_m3kPJ3r19Hp1J_svVD0g=x_NfpKiAg at mail.gmail.com>
Ben Woods <woodsb02 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Easiest solution I can think of: Use net-mgmt/darkstat.
>https://unix4lyfe.org/darkstat/

Oh!  Thanks.  That actually is _not_ one of the tools that I found when
googling.  I'll check that one out too.