IPFW newbie question.

LaGatorVII bobw at esllc.com
Fri Dec 19 05:42:40 PST 2008

I need help with a basic dummynet(ipfw) configuration on FreeBSD 6.1. I need
unlimited traffic on the local subnet X.X.X.192/28. The FreeBSD Box's IP is
X.X.X.193 and it has aliases for many other IPs in the subnet. These are
"live" internet IP address not private. The external interface is 'bge0'.

I want to limit ALL other traffic, incoming and outgoing. Any traffic not
destined for the local network will burn precious CoLo bandwidth.

I am thinking outbound 30KBytes\s out and 10KBytes\s in. But I am not sure.
The server runs all our internet services.
Here is a paste from the last email from the colo company:

	95th Percentile = 49.51KBps = 396.09Kbps
	Maximum = 186.94KBps = 1495.50Kbps

I would like that 95th percentile to end up back down around 30KBps, and I
think this drastic step would cause it to be much lower.

Any advice is appreciated. I know this is probably simple but searching
around the web everyone seems to use a little different syntax, and I can't
afford to mess this up.

Thanks in advance.