FWD under bridged enviroment...

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Aug 17 14:23:01 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 06:07:25PM -0300, Patrick Tracanelli wrote:
> Btw, (maybe Rizzo can comment) what's the reason it has not been
> commited when the patch was posted? :) It's a feature that is usually

as probably Kelly pointed out,
my patch had a locking bug -- bridging works at
splimp(), and FWD plays with data structures that are only
protected by splnet(), i.e. a layer2-fwd packet might interrupt
a section of code running at splnet() and modify the
data structures.

Kelly's solution was to go through the ipintrq.

	cheers
	luigi