limiting bandwith

Ludo Koren lk at tempest.sk
Wed Apr 14 07:51:58 PDT 2004

     > I do not believe there is a way to "postpone" traffic with
     > dummynet other than what is available with queues, not to
     > mention I don't think you'd ever want to, really.  The config
     > below will give mail a lower priority to all of the other
     > traffic, both in and out.

     > Nat interactive addresses? Hmmm... you mean you want ipfw to
     > forward local addresses using nat? you want to dole out local
     > ip addresses, dhcp? Not really sure of the question here, but
     > I'm sure its answered by following the link below to the
     > freebsd handbook.

I wrote `interactive' (ticks), and I meant addresses that are used to
connect to ssh, web, etc (interactive processes). All these addresses
are NAT-ed. For these, your setup is working fine. Thank you very
much.

The problem, I still have, is the following: the SMTP is flowing
through, I am not relaying e-mail on this host. It seems to me, I
cannot put together a rule which pass the traffic and add it to the
queue except when I use keep-state flag. In this setup (keep-state),
Luigi wrote it does not work.

Regards,

lk