Warning message "libibverbs: Warning: couldn't open config directory '/etc/ibverbs/'" seen while running any rdma app

KrishnamRaju ErapaRaju Krishna2 at chelsio.com
Tue Dec 13 05:02:28 UTC 2016

Hi Hans,

[root at taj ~]#  rping -s -a 102.7.7.180 -Vvd
libibverbs: Warning: couldn't open config directory '/etc/ibverbs/'.
created cm_id 0x801c2d000
rdma_bind_addr successful
rdma_listen

Regarding the above Warning, I am seeing this warning while running any rdma application.
Am I missing something?
I have built the TOT FreeBSD HEAD and done the below configuration:

Added WITH_OFED='yes'  to /etc/src.conf and also /etc/make.conf

How to fix the above warning, all apps are getting this same warning, though apps works without any issue.
I am using Chelsio IWARP adapter.

Thanks,
Krishna.