Enable OFED/Infiniband support in 11.0-RELEASE by default?

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 18:32:04 UTC 2015

Hi,
	One of the complaints from engineers at Isilon I’ve received in the past is that Infiniband/OFED stack support isn’t enabled by default in GENERIC. I would like to enable it by default in GENERIC to improve test coverage by a general audience and ensure that bugs introduced elsewhere (build bugs, network interface, kernel interface bugs) aren’t ignored by accident when running make tinderbox builds as it’s not built by default.
	I’m considering just doing this for amd64, but I could be convinced to do i386 and other architectures; I can’t guarantee that it will be usable on arm*, mips, powerpc, sparc64, etc though.
Thanks!
-NGie