FreeBSD/ia64 5.1-BETA Hardware Notes Page Preview

Jim Brown jpb at sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net
Wed May 14 10:40:33 PDT 2003

* Marcel Moolenaar <marcel at xcllnt.net> [2003-05-13 20:04]:
> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 04:47:20PM -0400, Jim Brown wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Please have a look at the latest hardware release notes
> > page at:
> >
> > http://sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net/ia64/article.html
> >
> > and follow up to the list if you have any additions, or
> > corrections.
>
> I slight bogon: Under the supported chipsets, it lists
> HP i2000. The BigSur is not a chipset. The BigSur uses
> the 460GX chipset.

OK, that's out of the chipset section.  A reference to BigSur
remains in the USB section, but I qualified it with '(HP i2000)'.

> Also: We generally abbreviate Uniprocessor as UP, not UNP.

Done

> The stability concern may need to be revisited. I committed
> a couple of fixes. Kris is testing it by having package builds
> spawned on the machine in question. More on this later...

No changes until you confirm...

Also- I normalized all reference to 'IA-64' by using &arch.print
in almost all places where it would show up.

Please let me know if this breaks the other ports.

jpb
===