ports/140525: VMware: Kernel panic while upgrading from 7.2 to 8.0 RC3 with VM tools installer

remko at FreeBSD.org remko at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 13 10:10:09 UTC 2009

Old Synopsis: Kernel panic while upgrading from 7.2 to 8.0 RC3 with VM tools installer
New Synopsis: VMware: Kernel panic while upgrading from 7.2 to 8.0 RC3 with VM tools installer

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: remko
State-Changed-When: Fri Nov 13 10:08:34 UTC 2009
State-Changed-Why:
We need more information before we can possibly help you with
this. If there is a panic make sure that there is a dump which
is processed through textdump or something, that is something
that generates useful input for us.

Besides that, asking for advice is not something for the PR
system, although things crashing shouldn't happen ofcourse..

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-i386->freebsd-ports-bugs
Responsible-Changed-By: remko
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Nov 13 10:08:34 UTC 2009
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Reassign to ports, since this might have something to do with
the VMware tools.