Repository UUID's in doc and ports SVN Mirror Seed Files

Simon L. B. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 19 22:16:19 UTC 2012

On 19 Jul 2012, at 13:33, John Marshall wrote:

> Thank you to whoever went to the trouble of providing updated Subversion
> mirror seed files on the FTP servers (/pub/FreeBSD/development/subversion/).
> The particular files to which I refer are:
>
>  svnmirror-base-r238500.tar.xz
>  svnmirror-doc-r39217.tar.xz
>  svnmirror-ports-r300897.tar.xz
>
> Please be aware that the seed mirror repositories for doc and ports have
> UUID's which differ from their respective master repositories.  The
> mirror seed for base is fine.

Hmm, indeed. I didn't think of that when creating the mirror the seeds are created from. I will fix that tomorrow and create new seed files.

Have you yet found any cases where this causes actual problems?

Thanks for letting us know.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen
Hat: FreeBSD.org admins team