looking for a volunteer to test ftp-master with cvsup

Flemming Jacobsen fj at batmule.dk
Tue Dec 26 02:05:08 PST 2006

Flemming Jacobsen wrote:
> Peter Wemm wrote:
> > I've been putting together a new ftp-master over the last few days after
> > giving up on trying to salvage the old one.  rsyncd is running,
> > apparently successfully.
> >
> > However, I need a tester or two to try the cvsup service.  There is
> > considerable danger that a misconfiguration at my end may cause the
> > client side to attempt to delete the entire archive.  I have managed to
> > delete my test archive during testing!
>
> I've started a testrun from ftp2.dk.freebsd.org.

First run completed without problems. Second did too.
Looks like you did good.

One small thing. cvsup ends with
   Rmdir FreeBSD
  Cannot remove directory "/disk/heset1/ftp/ftp.anonymous/heset5/FreeBSD": Directory not empty
it didn't do that before.

	Regards,
	Flemming

Flemming Jacobsen                                  Email: fj at batmule.dk
   ---===   If speed kills, Windows users may live forever.   ===---