looking for a volunteer to test ftp-master with cvsup

Flemming Jacobsen fj at batmule.dk
Tue Dec 26 01:10:45 PST 2006

Peter Wemm wrote:
> I've been putting together a new ftp-master over the last few days after
> giving up on trying to salvage the old one.  rsyncd is running,
> apparently successfully.
>
> However, I need a tester or two to try the cvsup service.  There is
> considerable danger that a misconfiguration at my end may cause the
> client side to attempt to delete the entire archive.  I have managed to
> delete my test archive during testing!

I've started a testrun from ftp2.dk.freebsd.org.

All seems fine (it started with a bunch of edits, and so far the
only deletes was in a directory with '-test' as part of the
name).

cvsup hasn't finished yet (that will take a while). But after
20min, all seems fine.
I've attached the logfile produced so far.

	Regards
	Flemming

Connected to ftp-master.freebsd.org
Updating collection FreeBSD-archive/all
 Rsync FreeBSD/TIMESTAMP
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/GIDs,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/LEGAL,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/MOVED,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.autotools.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.database.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.emacs.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.gnustep.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.gstreamer.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.kde.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.local.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.lua.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.php.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.python.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/Tools/scripts/rmport,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/UIDs,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/UPDATING,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/Makefile,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/at-spi/Makefile,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/at-spi/distinfo,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/atk/Makefile,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/atk/distinfo,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/gail/Makefile,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/gail/distinfo,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/gail/pkg-plist,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/gnome-speech/Makefile,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/gnome-speech/distinfo,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/kdeaccessibility/Makefile,v
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/kdeaccessibility/distinfo,v
 Mkdir FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/py-papi
 Create FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/py-papi/Makefile,v
 Create FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/py-papi/distinfo,v
 Create FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/py-papi/pkg-descr,v
 Create FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/py-papi/pkg-plist,v
 SetAttrs FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/accessibility/py-papi
 Edit FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/archivers/Makefile,v
 [ ... ]

Flemming Jacobsen                                  Email: fj at batmule.dk
   ---===   If speed kills, Windows users may live forever.   ===---