Question on the Intel 945G chipset

manish jain goodredhat at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 04:07:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

Till now I have been using FreeBSD 6.2 on a Tomato motherboard with an Intel 810 chipset and never had any problems configuring xorg with the i810 driver.

I am now planning to upgrade to a new system with an Intel 945G chipset which has an integrated GMA 850 graphics core.

Does FreeBSD 6.2 support the Intel 945G chipset ? If yes, what video driver would I need to use while configuring xorg ?

If not, can you please suggest some other fairly recent Intel chipset which would work well with FreeBSD 6.2 and xorg ?

Thanks
Manish Jain

      From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/citygroups/