RAID Cards

Simon simon at optinet.com
Thu Jun 30 20:44:49 GMT 2005

Just because there is no monitoring tool available due to lack of support, doesn't
mean the card itself is bad. I much prefer hardware implementation than software.
True hardware RAID frees up a lot of CPU time if you have heavy IO and software
just can't keep up if you utilize CPU intensive apps.

The sad fact is most manufacturers don't receive enough FreeBSD demand to
support it :-( I wish and keep waiting for this to change one day. I would be very
happy then, but until then...

-Simon