[Marvell 88E8050] Ask your board manufacturer for Marvell 88E8050 NIC support

jaco at coocoo.za.net jaco at coocoo.za.net
Mon Jun 27 17:00:44 GMT 2005

Hello list,

I recently corresponded with a person at a certain company that wrote a
driver for the Marvell Yukon 88E8050 NIC SPECIFICLY for FreeBSD.

This person told me that the company is unable to release this driver at
present due to lack of support staff (management decision).

This person also mentioned that if enough people request this driver for
FreeBSD, they will be forced to release it. Now, for me this was some good
news.

The bad news is that if people don't ask for it, they are not going to
release it.

Now, this is my request:
>From what I have seen in this list there are PLENTY of people using
different hardware that actually require this device driver. The FreeBSD
community need it.

Can you please request a FreeBSD dirver for this NIC from your board
manufacturer? The more people requesting this driver, the better the
chances of us getting it.

Let me say it again: The FreeBSD driver is in existance, we must just
request it so that is can be released!

Please do so!

Thank you VERY much in advance.
---Jaco