AMD64 X2

JM jmartin37 at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 30 13:44:19 GMT 2005

Gary Jennejohn wrote:

>Has anyone tried using a dual-core AMD65 X2 in an ASUS AV8 Deluxe
>mobo? For that matter, has anyone on this list tried out an X2 at
>all?
>
>--------
>Gary Jennejohn / garyjATjennejohnDOTorg gjATfreebsdDOTorg garyjATdenxDOTde

i've never had the pleasure of coming across an AMD65... and
unfortunately i haven't experienced an X2 although there are a few
articles regarding performance and other info. anandtech.com is my
favorite review site and they've tested the X2 in this article:
http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2410
and here's the dual core opterons just for fun:
http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2397
and some info on X2 overclocking:
http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2452
hope this helps.