ADSL for use on server

Benny Goemans benny.goemans at telenet.be
Wed Jun 8 17:22:12 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm switching from cable to ADSL in a month and I was wondering what (kind of) modem I should best go for. Would it best be one that connects to a NIC or to USB. I'm now using a (console) NAT & proxy server, with which I should be certain it works. For this, I would like to have some possibility to automatically dial at boot time (or if the modem takes care of that, even better).

Should someone be using an ADSL modem on this kind of connection, would it be possible to tell some more about it?

Thx in advance,

Benny Goemans