BSD PPPoA Hardware

Simon Morgan sjmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:27:06 GMT 2005

On 8/16/05, Julian Stacey <jhs at berklix.org> wrote:
> My Deutsch Telekom provided splitter has an 8 pin output for the
> DT provided ADSL modem, which is what I use.  I have a recently
> acquired, never used SpeedTouch 330 with a 2 wire terminating in a
> 6 pin plug. (D'loaded manual last night) I've not had time to
> consider a 6 / 8 converter.

Which modem is is that Deutsch Telekom provide? Does it support
PPPoA and work under BSD?

> What was the No Fun bit of Linux + SpeedTouch 330 as firewall ?
> Ive heard often enough that Linux is no fun, but if the SpeedTouch
> 330 has problems what were they please ?

The connection would die on average once a week and would refuse
to come back up unless I killed pppd, unplugged the modem, plugged
it back in again and reconnected. AFAIK the BSD version of the driver
is in an even worse state (If it even still works).