Marvell Yukon driver

Shane Ambler Shane at 007Marketing.com
Sun Apr 3 17:08:51 PDT 2005

I am another ASUS fan interested in Marvell gigabit support.

There are 3 ASUS boards of the s775 variety that still have realtek 10/100
ethernet the rest have marvell gigabit.

I am about to put together an ASUS P5P800 board for myself that has PCI with
the PCI 88E8001 gigabit controller and would like to use the onboard
controller.

After the P5P800 variants of the ASUS boards the PCIe 88E8053 controller is
used in single or dual config. One dual board has one PCIe 88E8053 and one
PCI 88E8001 - go figure that.

Is the support issue related to PCIe or only lack of info from Marvell?

I can provide SSH access for testing the PCI 88E8001 if needed.

--

Shane Ambler
Sales Department