oss

Mike Oliver mikeoliver at comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 11:43:29 PST 2004

I recently installed freebsd 5.2 and went to install oss so i could get my via8233 soundcard working. oss says it supports this card and this card functionde fine with oss under linux. i installed oss from oss398c-freebsd-v5.2-RC1. the isntall program properly detects my sound card but complains about conflicting irqs. the error it gives is 8233: IRQ not set (255). Can't Continue. any ideas how this can be resolved. I'm also running a sony vaio pcg-fr130
thanks,
mike