Best wireless gear? Any suggestins?

Michael J. Pelletier mjpelletier at mjpelletier.com
Mon Apr 19 16:15:59 PDT 2004

I have a quick question for you guys. I am thinking about a wireless
solution. I do not need a wireless router really more of a wireless bridge
setup. I will need to connect a laptop on the wireless network work as well
a another wireless bridge (muliple rj45 ports on the wireless bridge).

My environment is as follows

1 FreeBSD firewall (4.9) with three interfaces
   1st interface goes to the cable modem (ISP access and firewalled)
   2nd interface goes to a bunch of Winblows Servers (2000 mostly) and
FreeBSD servers
   3rd interface will be for the wireless network. This is the interface
that will connect to the wireless bridge.

On the wireless network, I will need a wireless bridge that has muliple rj45
interfaces (for my XBOX) and a seperate PCMCIA card for a laptop...

Any thought about the best wireless gear for this and FreeBSD?

Michael