ugen0: X10 Wireless Technology Inc USB Receiver

Lars Eggert larse at ISI.EDU
Thu Sep 4 12:29:57 PDT 2003

Bjoern,

bfischer at Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE, Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:32:25 +0100:
> ATI's All In Wonder graphic adapters come with an USB wireless remote,
> which identifies as:
>
>   ugen0: X10 Wireless Technology Inc USB Receiver
>
> Now I'm looking for hints on how to start hacking up a tool to get
> infos on events (button press, etc.). Any idea where to start?

was there ever any progress on this? I have the same remote, and was
hoping to get it working under FreeBSD.

This page (http://remotew.free.fr/linux_en.htm) points at the Gatos
project, which has a Linux driver (ati_remote) that seems to make the
remote show up as a USB keyboard:

That may be a start...

Lars
--