locale-related review, wcwidth() data

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 4 13:31:20 UTC 2020

On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 02:01:18AM +0300, Yuri Pankov wrote:
> I have a change for wcwidth() data to be generated from utf8proc provided
> one, any review would be welcome:
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D27259
>
> The widths.txt we have now comes from illumos, and it was outdated even when
> it was integrated there, 7 years ago; utf8proc data is kept up to date with
> current unicode version.

Hi,

I do like what I see here, the only reason I haven't review is that I can't
test, since the last modification from hrs@ in the locale generation tools each
time I try to regenerate the locales it fails.

But I will trust you in the testing and just review the patch itself then, to
unblock you.

Best regards,
Bapt