relaunchd: a portable clone of launchd

dan_partelly dan_partelly at rdsor.ro
Tue Jan 12 17:52:13 UTC 2016

>>It depends on how you define what is a good level of verboseness,
>> and you can have that in pretty much any language.

Sure, I get your point, and you are perfectly right.

Winodws ntoskrnl is clearly C , but I am extremely sure that
their verbosity (or perceived verbosity) is an asset , not a liability,
for their source code maintenance. Some argue that MS systems team botched

with the hungarian notation, and the app team used it better, but ...
even so I found it useful.

And yeah,  Cutler didn't let any smarty-pants say "oh, "XX_CREATE_XX" is
too verbose,
let's contract it to "XX_CREAT_XX".