14 year old programmer would like to contribute code to FreeBSD

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Mon Nov 9 23:26:55 UTC 2015

Christopher Sacchi wrote this message on Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 11:59 -0500:
> My name is Chris, (in case you cannot already tell) and at a CodeDay event
> I realized I'm better at working in a team than by myself or when I lead it
> ATM, and because I love FreeBSD and Linux as well as programming (in the
> subject of the email) I would love to help whenever I can.

Ports is a good way to get started, but you can also look at the bug
database (https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/) for bugs that look
interesting to track down.

There is also a list of tasks that people have put together too:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/JuniorJobs

Best way is just start using it, and when you see a rough edge, contact
a responsible developer and work on it.

Good luck!

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579