Kernel build when going from WITHOUT_CTF world to WITH_CTF world.

Kimmo Paasiala kpaasial at icloud.com
Mon Jan 20 07:23:48 UTC 2014

Hello,

I’d like to try to fix an annoyance in the kernel build. If you have a world built with WITHOUT_CTF (in my case I had WITHOUT_CDDL that includes WITHOUT_CTF) that does not have a ctfmerge binary (and other related ones) installed the next buildkernel will fail if you have built the world before the kernel build with WITH_CTF set. Of course you can manually go and install the ctfmerge and related binaries before launching the buildkernel process but that is just too hacky for me.  Where should I look and what would be needed to change in the kernel build so that it would check for the ctfmerge binaries from the buildworld that was done before the buildkernel?

-Kimmo