How to claim only some of USB interfaces of a composite USB device

geoffrey levand geoffrey.levand at mail.ru
Sun Sep 23 14:35:18 UTC 2012

Hi,

i have the following problem.
I have a composite  USB device with multiple USB interfaces. Some of interfaces belong to the Bluetooth device and other to the WLAN device.
The problem is i want my WLAN driver to claim only the interfaces which belong to the WLAN device. But ng_ubt kernel driver claims all interfaces for itself beginning with the interface 0. Therefore, my WLAN driver doesn't work if ng_ubt is loaded first.

The second question is, why FreeBSD USB stack calls the match callback of my WLAN driver only once with USB interface index 0. Shouldn't it call the match callback for each interface on a USB device ? Linux kernel e.g. does it per USB interface.

regards