sizeof(size_t) and other "semantic" types on 32 bit systems?

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 1 11:57:30 UTC 2011

Ben Laurie wrote:
> 2011/9/30 Lev Serebryakov <lev at freebsd.org>:
>> Hello, Alexander.
>> You wrote 1 октября 2011 г., 0:51:00:
>>
>>> GEOM uses 64bit off_t for media size and many other things.
>>  off_t is signed! It is ``not accurate enough'' (if you know this
>> Russian joke) :)))
>
> No, but I now want to know the Russian joke.

I think it is about this one, sorry for my rough translation:

Man getting to a doctor:
M: Doctor, I have a problem THERE.
D: Undress please.
M: Can I accurately put shoes there?
D: Please.
Man carefully puts shoes aside to each other perpendicularly to the wall.
M: Can I accurately put my pants on a chair back?
D: Sure.
Man carefully puts pants on a chair.
M: Can I accurately put my underwear here?
D: OK.
Man carefully puts underwear on a couch, removing any pleats.
D: So what's the problem?
M: Can't you see? My testicles are on different height!
D: Don't worry, it is normal. You are not sick.
M: But that's not accurately enough! ("ne akkuratnenko kak-to" in
original transliteration)

http://blog.i.ua/user/2864472/779569/

--
Alexander Motin